Milling Department Team Member APPLY NOW
A Milling Machine Operator may rotate between multiple positions such as a CNC Operator, Saw Operator, or Sander Operator. In any of these roles, the operator may produce machined parts by loading/unloading, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; tend to the wide-belt or brush sanding machine by feeding piece into the machine, or use a powered orbital hand-held sander; set up and operate power saws to cut and trim wood per specifications.
- Maintains safe operations of all machines by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Checks Quality of wood product
- May replace worn sanding belts
- Positions wood product into guide which may include starting, stopping, holding, and/or turning product so it enters the saw/sander in a secure and direct fashion.
- Attention to detail a must
- Sound organizational skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear proper PPE (Personal Protection Equipment)
- Ability to read & interpret instructions
- Identify problems/missing information and address them proactively
- Basic computer skills helpful
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee may be required to sit/stand for long periods of time.
To Apply For This Position:
To submit your resume, complete the form below. To fill out an application rather than submitting a resume, click over to the Application Form.|||Dalton, Ohio|||3rd Shift Milling (10pm - 7am)||||||K8E~AwHGnr4-94fb|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single|||42|||||||||false