Safety Coordinator APPLY NOW
The Safety Coordinator at P. Graham Dunn is responsible for performing various safety duties in a fast-paced manufacturing and professional setting, working closely with the safety manager to support the overall mission of the organization. Candidates must be self-motivated, positive, energetic, detail-oriented, comfortable interacting with individuals and large groups from diverse backgrounds, while being fully committed to the safety and well-being of our employees.
Duties Performed for Safety:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain safety programs needed to ensure a safe and productive work environment for employees while remaining compliant with applicable federal, state and local safety requirements.
- Create and regularly update all Emergency Action Plans.
- Must understand OSHA standards as they pertain to machine guarding, hearing conservation, PPE, SDS, LOTO, forklift, etc.
- Responsible for any applicable audits or OSHA visits.
- Drive strong accountability with leaders to be role models of safe behaviors.
- Prepare, schedule, and conduct company-wide safety trainings.
- Responsible for OSHA record-keeping; conduct and document injury/incident inquiries and evaluations; prepare recommendations for incident prevention; OSHA 300 Log tracking.
- Track and document Workers Compensation incidents and reports.
- Conduct PPE Hazard assessments and maintain inventory of company-provided PPE.
- Work with contracted outside safety consultant.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires a strong working knowledge of Company safety policies and procedures and their relation to the local, state and federal laws that affect them.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field of study preferred (equivalent experience or training may be considered).
- Minimum 2-4 years of related safety experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of safety standards in a fast-paced manufacturing setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Must be friendly, positive and energetic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have desire to continually learn to stay current on applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Teachable attitude; willing to accept constructive feedback.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and prioritize projects; must be flexible.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group of employees, candidates and outside vendors.
- High level of personal integrity and able to maintain confidential information.
- Read, write and comprehend the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to remain in a stationary position, walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee is frequently required to either stand or sit for long periods of time. Must be able to lift a maximum of 25 pounds.
To Apply For This Position:
Complete the form below and upload a resume.
Fill out an online application rather than submitting a resume by clicking over to the Application Form.|||Dalton, Ohio|||Safety||||||XOew~Sguo38QiAVS|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single|||42|||||||||false